Blog for Week of Oct. 23
The Week of October 23rd :
- Reading Story- Jack and the Wolf & The Three Little Pigs
- Skills- Understanding characters and story message
- Grammar- Complete sentences
- Phonics- Review short /a/, double final consonants, (-ll, -ck, -ss), usage of -ck after a short vowel
- Writing – Informative Writing: Sentences that describe (adjectives)
- Story problems using subtraction and labeling the story problem answer
- Counting on from a nickel and solving story problems with nickels and pennies.
- Deciding when we add or subtract using simple story problems
- Use the vertical format for single digit addition and subtraction problems
- Unit 2 Review and Test
Religion- The Holy Trinity…God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Discussion/reading that Jesus is the Son of God, who came to show the Father’s love and bring us closer to him. We will continue working on this chapter.
Science- Pumpkins and how they grow will be our focus next week. Students will be bringing a pumpkin book home for reading. We will also be making our own fact book on pumpkins.
Social Studies - The students will learn about the symbols of the United States.
*No school – October 18, 19 & 20
*Conferences – Tuesday and Thursday of next week. Please sign up using Mrs. Margarit’s link.
*Spirit Day – Wednesday, October 25th… students may wear their marathon shirts or any other spirit wear that has All Saints on it.