Celebrating Catholic School Week - Jan. 27-Feb. 2
Each year All Saints Catholic School participates in the National Catholic Schools Week. During the week, we celebrate being a Catholic school and share the value a Catholic education provides to our young people and its contributions to our church, our communities and our nation. We also thank our parishioners for supporting our school!
This year's theme is Catholic Schools: Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed. We will celebrate Catholic Schools Week January 27-February 2.
Below is the schedule for the week:
Sunday: Celebrating our parish
- Dress: If students wear their uniform to any of the weekend Masses, they will receive an out of uniform pass.
- Young Voices will sing at the 9:00 Mass.
- There will be a waffle breakfast in Murphy Hall to help support our parish Mission Trips.
Monday: Celebrating our community
- Dress: Wacky Dress
- Morning with Mom: Join your child(ren) for a muffin and Go-Gurt from 7:30-8:15 am.
- Around 8:15, Fr. Wilson will lead us in a decade of the rosary.
- Students will help create various posters to thank you our community leaders and organizations who support Catholic education and our school.
- Volleyball: 8th Graders vs All Saints school staff at 1:30 pm. Change due to funeral on Tuesday.
- We will begin our week-long food drive.
- Join us at Chick-fil-A in Apple Valley for a preschool fundraiser. 8-10% of their sales from 5:30-7:30 pm will come back to All Saints Catholic Preschool.
Tuesday: Celebrating our students
- Dress: Spirit Wear
- The Donut Man presentation at 10:00 am. The Donut Man will teach the students about the love of Jesus through song, dance and interactive stories.
- Volleyball: 8th Graders vs All Saints school staff at 1:30 pm.
Wednesday: Celebrating the nation
- Dress: Red, White and Blue
- Care-a-Thon – K-5 teachers will choose a service project to complete. Middle school will be volunteering at Feed My Starving Children on Feb. 6.
Thursday: Celebrating vocations
- Dress: Jersey Day – We are part of God’s Team or Dress Your Vocation (What you want to be when you grow up)
- Daybreak with Dad: Join your child(ren) for a donut from 7:30-8:15 am.
- Around 8:15, Fr. Chad will lead us in a decade of the rosary.
- The students will interview family members about their vocations (jobs) and how their faith guides them in their vocation.
Friday: Celebrating faculty, staff, and volunteers
- Dress: Uniform
- We will recognize our wonderful mission partners at Mass with a blessing and a small token of appreciation.
- What would Catholic Schools Week be without Bingo! Bingo will begin at 1:30 pm.
Saturday: Celebrating families
- A special Community Family Event sponsored by the Catholic Schools Center of Excellence will take place beginning at 6:00 pm. The evening will include dinner, games, music, and adoration.