Covid 19 Information Page
Please note that if you have a child or family member in the household who has symptoms, then all students or staff in the household must stay home and not report to work or school.
For a POSITIVE COVID-19 Result:
- Positive individual stays home and isolates for at least 10 days AND until symptoms improve with no fever for at least 24 hours.
- Household members AND close contacts quarantine for 14 days. You must quarantine for a full 14 days, even if you receive a negative test.
For a SYMPTOMATIC individual:
- Symptomatic individual stays home and isolates for 10 days. If a negative test or alternate diagnosis is received AND symptoms improve with no fever for 24 hours, the individual can return to school or work.
- Household members stay home and quarantine from all activities for at least 14 days. If symptomatic individual receives a negative test, household members may return to school/work/activities.
- If your student needs to be quarantined or tests positive for COVID-19, contact the school health office.
- MDH Decision Tree for People in Schools, Youth, and Child Care Programs
- MDH Attendance Guide for Parents and Families
- Home Screening Tool for COVID 19
- MDH COVID-19 Basics
- What To Do If You Have COVID 19?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Minnesota Department of Health Public Hotline: 651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504 | Mon-Fri from 9 am to 4 pm.
Resources related to employment concerns:
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- Worker Protections Related to COVID-19
- Employers should be aware that Minnesota state law (Minnesota Statutes section 144.4196) provides employment protections when a person is in isolation for public health purposes.
COVID-19 Testing | Locations:
- Statewide Testing Locations
- Saliva Testing (Free for Dakota County Residents)
- Request online - comes to your home. Instructions are included. Required to perform the test on live Zoom with a testing representative. Drop off at UPS. Results within 48 hours after the lab receives the test.
- You can order up to 5 tests, ages 4 and up (most younger children cannot produce enough saliva for testing).
- No Charges - DO NOT enter a credit card.
- Insurance information required.
- Can be dropped at outside UPS drop boxes - it is okay if the test freezes.
Contact Us With Questions/Concerns: