Welcome to the 2019-20 All Saints Swim Team Season!
As many of you have already heard we are excited to share that the South Metro Storm Swim Team will be partnering with All Saints this year for our swim team. Planning is already underway for a great season and we are looking forward to sharing more details with you as the season draws closer. For now, we wanted to send a few important details so that new and former families have some key dates for planning and also to share how the team will work this year given that it is a change from past years.
All Saints swim team competes in the Catholic Athletic Association (CAA) conference as well as select local club meets throughout the season. The regular season runs from January-late March/early April culminating in a CAA championship meet that includes all schools in the conference. The All Saints Swim Team is a competitive team and is not meant to replace swimming lessons. All swimmers must be able to swim freestyle and backstroke 25 meters confidently, obtain Red Cross level 4 swimming requirements and have the ability to attend several practices each week.
Logistics of the team:
- Storm will provide 2 coaches for the All Saints Team and will be at all practices (preseason and regular season) and meets
- Practices will be scheduled at either McGuire Middle School or Kenwood Trail Middle School
- Team management including registration, parent communication and volunteer coordination will be led by All Saints Mission Partners (volunteers) with the oversight of Principal Carol Margarit and Chuck Smith from Storm Swim Team. This will keep our costs down and also allow the coaches to focus on stroke development with the athletes vs. administrative tasks.
- Season costs - we are currently finalizing the costs for the regular season swimming. Costs for the team will include pool rental, coaches and meet registration costs.
- Team suits with the current All Saints logo and swim caps will be the same as last season and new order information will be shared at the parent meeting
- Regular season - January 5- April 3* (13 weeks) *Regular season will end after the CAA championship meet - dates will be announced by early October
- Current schedule includes 4 meets starting in January - we will host 2 meets and parent Mission Partners will be required to run these meets in addition to help from the Storm coaches.
We are looking forward to a great season.