Week of Feb. 26-March 2
Week of Feb. 26-March 2:
- Reading Story- “The Big Trip” and “Lewis and Clark’s Big Trip”
- Skill- compare and contrast and dialogue
- Grammar- compound sentences
- Phonics-vowel pairs -ee and -ea, e-consonant e pattern, final -ng and-nk
- Writing- Students will write about a place where they’d like to travel
- High Frequency Words- there, by, sure, could, don’t, car, about, maybe
- Story problems with comparisons
- Measurement with inches
- Measurement tables
- Comparison and rotation of shapes
Religion- We continue to learn about the season of Lent as we work on our Stations of the Cross booklet and our Lenten chain of Good deeds.
Science- Students will learn about the saguaro cactus: What lives in and around it and the lifecycle of it.
Social Studies- Students will continue to work on map skills by working on a classroom map and locating the title, compass rose, map key, symbols and cardinal directions.
Tuesday, February 27-Spirit Day